What is Newton House?
Newton House is a large 50 bedroom property located near Gloucester city centre and close to Gloucester Royal Hospital, Railway Station and Bus Station.
We provide a safe, enabling environment for homeless people in Gloucestershire with complex support needs.
We offer three services :
- A short-term accommodation based high support service for single people over the age of 18 with multiple and complex needs e.g. street homelessness, addictions, offending behaviour, mental health problems. Length of is stay up to 6 months and we offer signposting to specialist support services to help work towards moving on to independent living.
- Re-enablement service for longer term low level re-enablement support with any domiciliary care/registered care needs being fulfilled by a domiciliary care agency.
- Emergency short term accommodation service for homeless people whilst longer term accommodation options are being considered by the Local Authority.
A stable base is the first important step. We provide more than housing, with individual support built around your needs to help you become more confident, able and independent.
- Accommodation, which consists of self-contained flats with own kitchen and bathroom or rooms with shared facilities.
- IT suite, training kitchen, garden, three lounges for arts and other therapeutic activities.
- One-to-one support with personalised support plans and structured programmes for those dealing with substance misuse problems.
- Learning and training room, with workshops and activities around life skills; sign posting to training opportunities and access to education.
- Support in health and well-being and daily living skills.
How it works
Newton House caters to those over 18 (male and female) who have been or are at risk of homelessness, and who have complex needs. Referrals are through the Local Authority.
You will have identified support needs and be eligible under the Local Authority criteria.
Why we are different
Our support goes beyond housing. You will be at the centre of your support plan to help you to move on to independent living and engage with services that can help you address barriers to independent living.
Newton House, 16 London Road, Gloucester, GL1 3NE.