Amber Valley Projects, Chevin House, 60 High Street, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 1GF
What is Amber Valley?
Located in Belper, Derbyshire, Amber Valley Projects provides specialist supported housing for people who are struggling to maintain their own homes or who are at risk of homelessness.
Our intensive housing management and advice service means we can work with you on a regular basis to empower independent living.
- Self-contained flats with your own bathroom and kitchen facilities. Shared accommodation in the Amber Valley area is also offered.
- A homely, friendly and comfortable environment with local activities, DVD nights, and games available in the scheme communal lounge.
- Access to housing management and help 24/7 with regular health and safety checks.
- A dedicated Support Worker who listens to your needs. They will develop a tailored individual support plan just for you.
- Assistance with budgeting and welfare entitlements. We will help you manage and reduce any debt you may be in.
How it works
You can access our services by self-referral or referral via relevant external agencies such as Amber Valley B.C. Futures Homescape.
To be eligible, you’ll be aged 20-65. There’s no time limit on how long you can stay here but help is available to identify move on accommodation by liaison with other housing providers and private landlords only once you are confident about independent living.
Getting the most out of our service
- We give you a voice at Amber Valley. We will encourage you to give feedback to our staff to improve how we help you and how we help others in the future.
- By signposting you to work, training and social opportunities in the local area, we help ease you back into engaging with the wider community.
Why we are different
Our team understands what it’s like to be homeless with a number of volunteers at the scheme having been homeless themselves. Our support is aimed at making you feel comfortable, confident and eventually empowered to move on into permanent rental accommodation.
We prioritise what you need to pursue your ambitions and personal goals. Whether this is assisting to secure a job or to offer support with daily living skills to maintain your tenancy.