How we help at Laurel Court
Laurel Court provides a safe environment for people with learning disabilities to live independently in Huddersfield.
Our goal is to enable our customers to reach their potential, build on life skills and increase quality of life through person-centred planning.
- Superior quality one-bedroom self-contained, fully furnished apartments with own bathroom and kitchen, in a quiet residential area
- Self-contained ‘respite’ apartments available for emergency placements
- Designated Care Officers and Care Assistants with staff on site 24/7, 7 days a week with Night Care Assistants
- Holistic person-centred Support Plans with one-to-one support in your home
- Advice and guidance on personal care, budgeting, shopping, preparing meals and support in the community
How it works
Individuals or couples over the age of 18 with a Learning Disability who require supported independent living are eligible.
We work in partnership with Kirklees Council and accept referrals from the Kirklees Social Care Team.
For those who choose to move-on or are able to sustain their own tenancies within the community, a care package will be in place.
Getting the most out of our service
- We offer a holistic programme designed for positive impact on wellbeing, with a therapeutic sensory garden, allotments and communal cooking sessions.
- We’ll help you within the scheme and in the community to engage in opportunities that develop social and living skills.
- You can be referred to day centres, colleges and volunteering work opportunities.
Why we are different
More than housing, our focus is on developing positive lifestyles, helping increase quality of life. We support you to live independently, build your life skills, confidence and self-esteem, and help you to reach your full potential.
T: 01484 540568
Laurel Court, 2 Industrial Street, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield, HD4 6AW