Here’s some advice on how you can stay safe at home with gas:
- Don’t use a gas appliance if you’re not sure it’s working properly.
- Don’t cover an appliance or block any vents.
- Don’t block or cover outside flues (the pipes from your boiler to the outside of your home).
Warning signs to look out for:
- Yellow or brown staining around appliances.
- Pilot lights that frequently blow out.
- Increased condensation around windows.
- Yellow flame instead of a blue flame (apart from flue less fires).
If you spot any of these signs or you’re worried something isn’t working properly, get in touch and one of our Engineers will come and look at it.