Evolve Facility Services is a professional maintenance, repairs and facilities management company that was established in 2010.
Since then, Evolve has grown to become one of the largest in-house services providers in the UK, with offices in Widnes, Liverpool, Manchester, Carlisle and County Durham.
Evolve in numbers
Evolve joined Riverside in 2011 as a commercial subsidiary and now looks after around 80% of Riverside’s stock – that’s over 40,000 properties based across the North West and North of England.
Over the past 10 years, we’ve:
- Completed over one million reactive repairs in customers’ homes
- Completed over 260,000 gas safety checks
- Installed over 16,000 new boilers in customers’ homes
- Installed over 17,000 new kitchens, bathrooms, windows and doors in customers’ homes
As our business has grown, our workforce has increased from fewer than 75 in 2010 to over 525 colleagues in 2021.
Since joining the Riverside family, we’ve also recruited over 90 apprentices who have gone on to qualify or are working towards qualifications in a wide range of trades.
We deliver a wide range of services, including:
- Over 140,000 repairs every year across the Liverpool City Region and the North of England (Newcastle, Carlisle, Manchester, Cumbria and Yorkshire)
- Preparing approximately 3,000 Empty Properties (Voids) per year
- Completing planned works, that include the installation of new kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors and boilers
- Carrying out compliance fireworks across the Liverpool City Region (LCR)
- Completing a 5-year electrical testing programme in communal areas and customers’ homes
- LD1 upgrades to the highest level of fire protection in Riverside Care and Support schemes
- 24-hour emergency out-of-hours services
- Running an in-house QHSE Team and Transport Department
- Actively engaging with local communities and supporting local enterprise
Providing the best experience and service for our customers is our absolute priority. We provide specialist training to ensure our colleagues are fully equipped to cater for your needs while working in your home.
Whether we’re installing a new bathroom or fixing a fence panel, we aim to work quickly and efficiently with as little disruption to you as possible. Our vans are well stocked and our operatives are often qualified in more than one trade, which means we’re able to finish repairs in as few visits as possible.
Evolve is proud to be part of The Riverside Group family and is absolutely dedicated to our customers and colleagues.
As part of Riverside’s Asset Services Directorate, our Vision is to keep customers safe and provide a great service, no matter where they live.
We strongly believe that through our highly skilled in-house teams and key partners, we can continuously improve and work towards service excellence in our sector, ensuring all customers, no matter where they live, receive a high quality, safety-first, consistent service.
Our Mission is to keep our customers’ homes safe, secure and well maintained – it’s what we do. You’ll spot this on our vans around the UK.
We are committed to doing the best we can for our customers, and we value any feedback we receive. You can make a comment, compliment or complaint through our online form at the top right of this page and we’ll get back to you.
Innovating since 2010:
- Gold winners of the Morgan & Stanley safety and compliance award that recognised our standards within our Gas Safety department
- Excellence in Contractor Engagement Winner at the National Tpas Awards 2018
- Best Apprentice Employer (Halton) Winner at the Liverpool City Region Apprenticeship Awards 2018
- Member of the Eco Star Fleet Recognition Scheme – recognised by Sefton, Cannock Manchester and Warrington Councils with 5 Star Awards for actively reducing CO2 emissions through our vehicle choices and in-vehicle technology
- Silver Fleet Award from Masternaut for reducing CO2
Looking to the future
We’re reviewing the impact of our business on the environment and the contribution we make to the wider national and global effort to combat climate change.
As part of this, we’re renewing our fleet and have opted for vehicles that are more eco-friendly, with smaller engine sizes that emit less carbon.
We’ve recently added 5 hybrid vehicles to our fleet and are looking at other ways to further reduce our carbon footprint.
“He did such a great job and fixed things that had been wrong with my sink and plumbing. I wish all work people were like him. He was really courteous and fixed problems I’d had for years. He reset the taps, picked a lovely worktop for me and did everything. Great job!”
“The electrician and his apprentice came to replace a light switch, and both were friendly and professional and did a wonderful repair, even cleaned up after themselves. Everything was spotless.
The same can be said of the plumber who attended in the afternoon, who did a wonderful job of replacing the taps/washers in my kitchen. Again, friendly and efficient. Cleaned up and wiped down the sink before leaving.
Both tradesmen deserve to be complimented on their friendly approach, work ethics and how they interacted with me as a tenant. They are a credit to Evolve.”
“Joey and Stephen from Evolve attended and fitted worktops. Their work was fantastic and they were clean and spotless. I could not fault them or their work, they were perfect.”
“The man who came to fix the gate was amazing and did such a good job. I want to say a big thank you.”
“In the past week, Mark & Keith came to do some work on my house. They were absolutely brilliant, so friendly & efficient. I just felt that I had to give them the credit they deserve.”
They were absolutely brilliant; courteous, professional, left no mess and were worth their weight in gold.”
Working for Evolve
We recognise that our colleagues are our greatest asset and want every single person to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and abilities.
If you take pride in a job well done and think your amazing skills could make a difference to our customers, we’d love to hear from you.
Gender Pay Gap Report 2021
Our Ways of Working and pay structures ensure all of our colleagues are paid equally for the work they do.
However we are conscious that we operate in a male dominated industry and it is
vital that our strategies and practices positively encourage females to enter the workplace and that once engaged, we positively promote equality of opportunity and development to all of our colleagues irrespective of gender.
Find out more in our Gender Pay Gap Report 2021.