ASB, hate crime and domestic abuse

We work with local communities and agencies to help tackle and prevent issues related to nuisance and anti-social behaviour.

Report anti-social behaviour


What to do if you spot a nuisance in your neighbourhood

We know that nuisances and anti-social behaviour can be upsetting and stressful for all those who are affected by it. That is why we want to help as much as we can to make sure you are able to enjoy the peace and quiet of your own home without feeling scared or frustrated.

It’s important that you are able to live free from nuisances and anti-social behaviour in your neighbourhood which is why we have a policy in place to make it easy for you to report a problem. This way we can work together alongside our partners such as the police and local council to solve any issues as quickly as possible.

What is a nuisance?

  • Unacceptable noise nuisance (such as loud music, loud TVs, parties, barking dogs).
  • Dumping rubbish and fly-tipping.
  • Damage to shared facilities (such as graffiti or dog fouling).
  • Selling drugs.
  • Anti-Social Behaviour (including intimidation or harassment).
  • Verbal abuse (this could be shouting and swearing).
  • Domestic abuse.
  • Hate crime (if you have been affected by a crime because of your race or your religion).

We want to help make a real difference in your area by tackling these issues head on and to make sure your voice is heard. We want your community to be a safer and more enjoyable place to live.

Whether you are one of our tenants or you are a witness making a complaint about one of our tenants, we are here to listen and help in the best way we can. You don’t have to worry because all reports of nuisance and anti-social behaviour are treated with complete confidentiality as we take the safety of our tenants and witnesses seriously.

However in some cases we may have to share information with police or social services but we always try to ensure that we ask your permission first and let you know how this information will be used.

How do I report anti-social behaviour?

If you are experiencing any sort of nuisance or anti-social behaviour in your neighbourhood, remember it is important that you contact the right people to deal with your case quickly and efficiently.

  • Call 999 if you are in immediate danger or concerned for the safety of a neighbour.
  • The non-emergency police number is 101.
  • Call 0800 555 111 to report suspicious behaviour to CrimeStoppers.
  • Contact us to report problems to Riverside or to ask our staff for more advice.

Do I need to keep evidence?

To help us and any other partner we work with resolve your nuisance or anti-social behaviour complaint in the best way possible, it is important that you keep any sort of evidence which may help with your case. But only if it is safe to do so.

Here are a few things you can do to help:

  • Take a photo of anything that could be used as evidence.
  • Write down the time and place or any other significant details of when it has occurred.
  • Write down the names of any witnesses
  • If you have called the police or crime stoppers, make a note of any reference numbers you have been given and the names of any police officers involved.