Your boiler is one of the most important features of your home, ensuring you have heat and hot water whenever you need it.
So, we regularly check the boilers in our homes to make sure they are working as they should.
However, from time to time, problems can still occur.
If you have a leak or a boiler fault which you can’t resolve, it’s important you report it to us. The quickest and easiest way to do that is through our My Riverside app.
You can also call us on 0345 111 0000.
Questions we may ask
If you call to report a boiler fault, we may ask you some of the following questions so please try to be look at them and think about the answers before calling.
- Is the boiler gas or electric?
- Have you checked if there are any supply problems in your area?
- If you have a payment plan, have you checked if there is enough credit on your card?
- Is the thermostat in the correct place?
- Are the radiator valves open properly?
- Can you hear any noises coming from the boiler?
- Is there a pressure reading on your boiler? What does it say?
- Once you have this information, you can report a repair here.
Using timer settings are perhaps the most important way to get the most out of your boiler.
You can save your money, manage your home temperature effectively and even help the environment by ensuring your central heating is on when you need it and off at times when you can don’t.
It may seem obvious but we have found that setting your boiler timer to come on half an hour before you get up and about 20 minutes before you leave the house is the most efficient use of energy.
Did you know that turning down your thermostat by just one degree can save approximately £90 a year on your heating bills?
The recommended healthy room temperature for your living room is 21 degrees and 18 for the rest of your home. Try turning your central heating down by one degree, leave it for a day and see if you still feel warm enough.
Keep doing this until you find the right temperature for you and your family.