We’re changing our repairs service in line with government advice on Coronavirus. Please see our Coronavirus update page for the latest information.
We know just how stressful it can be when something breaks down in your home. Whether it’s the boiler or a fault with your electricity, it can be more than just an inconvenience. That is why we always aim to repair any faults in your home as quickly as we possibly can.
If there is an emergency it is important you call us immediately to report the problem. You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Emergencies may include:
Heating, ventilation and plumbing
- Loss of heating, hot water or mains water supply.
- Gas leaks (if you can smell gas or fumes).
- Blocked drains, or sewage overflowing into your home.
- Small leaks.
- Problems flushing the toilet.
- Problems with water systems in communal areas.
- Burst plumbing or flood that cannot be stopped by turning off the water.
- Burst storage tanks, cylinders or pipes.
Electrical and mechanical
- Damaged or failing electrical wiring, lighting or light fittings.
- Complete loss of electricity.
- Problems with kitchen or bathroom lights.
- Faulty lifts (e.g. doesn’t return to the ground floor).
- Problems with equipment installed as part of an adaptation.
- Problems with communal TV aerials.
Windows, doors and security
- Any serious security issue, such as a front door that doesn’t lock.
- Windows jammed open or shut.
- Unsafe or broken doors and windows, including front, back, communal and fire doors.
- Problems with internal doors – where needed to help those self-isolating.
- Faulty external or automatic doors, gates or warden call systems.
Health and safety
- Damaged or faulty fire safety equipment, or damaged fire safety signage.
- Faulty carbon monoxide detectors.
- Equipment or debris blocking escape routes, communal areas and bin chutes, or problems with removing waste materials.
- Damaged asbestos-containing materials.
- Any hazard in communal areas, such as slip, trip and fall hazards, rodent infestations or damaged play equipment.
- Severe, visible mould on internal plastered surfaces, such as ceilings or walls.
We always prioritise tenants with emergency repairs because if these are left unchecked they may cause instant damage to the home or even worse, pose a risk to our tenant’s health and safety. Any emergency repair will be dealt with in 4 – 12 hours. If it’s a health and safety issue then we will ensure it is within the 4 hours.
What repairs am I responsible for?
If you are responsible for causing damage then we may ask you to pay to fix the problem.
Your tenancy agreement states what small maintenance and repairs you should be able to carry out to keep your home in good working order.
If you are liable for the cost of a repair and we have to carry it out then you will be charged for it.
We ensure that all of our homes have building insurance to protect them from major issues but it is up to you to pay for your own home contents insurance and to insure your own personal belongings.