Improvement & repairs

Find out about our process for dealing with emergency and non-emergency repairs, as well as the repairs that you are responsible for.

Our repair services


We’re changing our repairs service in line with government advice on Coronavirus. Please see our Coronavirus update page for the latest information.

We know just how stressful it can be when something breaks down in your home. Whether it’s the boiler or a fault with your electricity, it can be more than just an inconvenience. That is why we always aim to repair any faults in your home as quickly as we possibly can.

Emergency repairs

If there is an emergency it is important you call us immediately to  report the problem. You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Emergencies may include:

  • Loss of mains water or complete loss of electricity.
  • Burst plumbing or flood that cannot be stopped by turning off the water.
  • No heating (if between 31 October – 31 March and if no secondary heating is present).
  • Unsafe or broken doors and windows.
  • Gas leaks.
  • Collapsed ceilings.

We always prioritise tenants with emergency repairs because if these are left unchecked they may cause instant damage to the home or even worse, pose a risk to our tenant’s health and safety. Any emergency repair will be dealt with in 4 – 12 hours. If it’s a health and safety issue then we will ensure it is within the 4 hours.

What if it is not an emergency?

There are plenty of times when a maintenance or repair job is needed in your home but it’s not quite classed as an emergency.

We still want to help fix the problem as soon as we can and we pride ourselves on offering a service that is fast, easy and hassle free.

You can report it using My Riverside. You’ll need to register here or login if you’re already a user. Alternatively you can contact us.

Routine repairs will be carried out within 1-28 days.

What repairs am I responsible for?

If you are responsible for causing damage then we may ask you to pay to fix the problem.

Your tenancy agreement states what small maintenance and repairs you should be able to carry out to keep your home in good working order.

If you are liable for the cost of a repair and we have to carry it out then you will be charged for it.

We ensure that all of our homes have building insurance to protect them from major issues but it is up to you to pay for your own home contents insurance and to insure your own personal belongings.

Help us improve

Was this information helpful?

  • We are always open to suggestions on improvements for
  • Terms and conditions * REQUIRED
  • We are always open to suggestions on improvements for
  • Terms and conditions * REQUIRED
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.