In most cases, your main point of contact will be our contractor doing the work. We will make sure you have their name and contact details before the work begins.
We will always:
- Keep you updated from start to finish and show consideration for everyone affected by the work
- Be available to help you with any issues or concerns you may have
- Arrange and keep to appointments, and let you know if we need to reschedule
Before the work starts, we will:
- Discuss with you what the work will include, and any design or colour options
- Show you samples of products to help you decide
- Give you all the information you need, including contact details and emergency phone numbers
- Keep you updated on the progress of the improvement programme and when it is near your area
- Record the current condition of the areas in your home that may be affected by the work
- Make sure you’re happy with the service and resolve any issues as soon as possible.
During the work, all our contractors and service providers will:
- Respect residents, their homes and belongings
- Be polite, courteous and respectful of all religions and cultures at all times
- Not tolerate sexist, racist or homophobic behaviour or language; swearing or other improper conduct
- Try to keep noise to a minimum
- Park our vehicles considerately
- Make sure your home is secure when work is being done
- Not smoke in your home
- Not use toilet facilities or electricity without your permission
- Provide extra help and consideration for vulnerable residents and anyone with special requirements
- Carry photographic identification at all times
- Gather feedback at the end of the work to help us improve our service in the future.
Health & Safety
- Always follow health and safety procedures, advise you on general site safety guidelines and never put you or our staff at risk
- Make sure that our staff are suitably qualified and skilled for the work they are doing in your home
- Keep all access routes and footpaths clean, clear and safe
- Make sure materials, tools and equipment are stored safely and out of the reach of children or pets
- Move ladders at ground floor level out of the way or make them inaccessible overnight
- Make sure scaffolds can’t be accessed overnight
- Request that our contractor reports details of any accidents, near misses or acts of aggression or violence to us
- Keep all information about residents confidential at all times, and only discuss issues with you or your chosen representative.
Minimising disruption and keeping your home tidy
- Keep your home secure, clean and tidy at all times, maintaining high professional standards while we are working in your home
- Tidy up at the end of each day
- For external work, we will tidy at the end of each day and carry out a more thorough clean up once the work is complete
- Use protective floor covering in working and access areas
- Where possible, maintain all services and facilities – you will definitely have a fresh water supply, safe electrical supply and cooking, toilet and bathing facilities at the end of each day
- Never leave tools in your home overnight without your permission
- Make sure skips are kept safe and secure
- Make sure scaffold is kept free from rubbish and removed as soon as possible after the work is finished
- Make sure materials, equipment and machinery are kept in secure areas
- Never use your cleaning equipment
- Recycle waste materials appropriately.
Help us improve Riverside.org.uk
Was this information helpful?